Saturday, June 20, 2020

About the name

Why the name - Read For Pleasure ?

 

 

Since childhood I was in awe of books and fortunately (people of my age would agree to this) our lives were not raided by fancy gadgets.  So, in the absence of any electronic invasion (except for TV - which broadcast limited shows on  Doordarshan and the watch time for which was controlled by our parents) I always turned to books to have some fun. The most interesting thing to me about books is I can be all alone, yet always amidst a lot of people (characters of the books I read) .

 

I know children, many of you (almost all!) would disagree with me.  You might feel that books are a burden when you can spend all that time on Insta, Wtsapp, Facebook and what not.  But I feel the safest source of pleasure is BOOKS. 

 

Books don’t bully you, neither do they say anything mean to offend you, nor do they turn their back when you are feeling low.   Perhaps that’s why Earnest Hemingway said – “There is no friend as loyal as a book.”

 

Believe me, reading books has a lot of benefits !!

 No no ... I am not going to preach that books increase knowledge ..improve vocabulary......(well that's a side effect of books .... i know😆) but seriously, it definitely has tons of  positives.

 

For one .... if your parents see you reading a book....all that nagging, that you don't study enough is going to simply vanish.😍  Your mother is definitely going to boast to her friends about what a bookworm you are!

 

Then , your friends....don't you think they will swoon over your passion for books and you will surely become a sought after intelligent friend in your circle. They will admire you for all your reading (and you will have more intelligent things to talk about within your circle of friends...won't that be amazing!).

 

Think about it and read for pleasure.

And I promise I will keep on adding more to this list!

 

Jyoti Sharma


11 comments:

  1. Excellent, ma'am....keep it up😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful endeavour. An amazing platform for budding readers .HAPPY READING TO ALL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for emboldening me mam
    Your positivity and encouragement Always brightened my days. This blog is a great initiative to be connected to us in future as well .... you have always been my inspiration... looking forward and waiting for every new addition in your blog mam �� In love the name of the blog ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice initiation
    The vocabulary is as per the need of school children .
    Happy writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job mam u have been the guildline to my success. The place in which i am today u have a great role in my success

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog to motivate young minds to read more. And improved vocabulary is definitely a plus.
    Keep writing and keep motivating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good blog mam but i think you should add Wikipedia to your source of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We should soory mam typing mistake Vishal Sharma

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. tech start-up names

    ReplyDelete

STUDY MATERIAL -XII (2024 -25)

  STUDY MATERIAL - XII (2024-25) STUDY MATERIAL - XII (2023 -24)